Can dogs eat grapes (or raisins)? The answer is no. Although there is not a definitive answer as to what exactly is in grapes and raisins that is unsafe but allowing your dog to eat either one can cause kidney failure.
It only takes a small amount to make a dog ill. An early warning sign is repeated vomiting and, within a day, a dog will show signs of depression and become lethargic.
Be proactive in reducing the risk in your dog accidently consuming grapes by keeping grapes and raisins off your kitchen counter and other places your dog may be able to reach.
Disclaimer: All content provided on Dogful.com, is meant only for educational purposes on health care and medical issues that may affect animals or pets and should never be used to replace professional veterinary care from a licensed veterinarian. This site and its services do not constitute the practice of any veterinarian or other medical health care practitioner’s advice, diagnosis or treatment.